Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wherein I admit that I don't have a clue

The topic of the week has been serving. What we are called to do, in what ways we serve, etc. I realized pretty quickly that I do nothing. Certainly not much of anything that I'm really passionate about. And that led me to the realization that I don't really know WHAT I'm passionate about, if anything. I think I've hit this point in my life where I've allowed myself to become numb to everything and just simply try to exist. I have the desire to do something, I want to find whatever it is that I am called to do, I want to find something that I'm really successful in doing. But what on earth could that be?

There are things I want to do. I want to do more design work, but I lack the creativity, the tools, and perhaps even the skill. I want to dive into my photography, but I lack the knowledge and the equipment to take it to the next level. I want to work more on jewelry, but I only enjoy it when I design it, it stresses me out to try to make something for someone, and I have no outlet so my stash of stuff is turning into a lot of wasted money. I want that career I always imagined I have, but I lack direction and don't seem to be good enough at anything in particular to be productive or successful with it.

I think I waited too long to decide what I want to be when I grow up and now I'm just not anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are way too young for this. lol I'm so miserable that I sometimes consider saying screw it, I'm moving in with my parents lol

Andy! said...

Wow, this is perfect! Now I don't have to write my own blog about this topic. I'll just reference yours as my life story. I tried all the things I thought I could do, and failed at each one. Now I just do a job I really don't care for, that's boring as all get out, so I can survive, to live to work to survive, for what reason I don't know! :D

But at least you saved me the time of writing it!