Monday, September 22, 2008

The waiting...

When I was pregnant with Rogit I made the brilliant decision to ride in a cramped Jeep Cherokee from Oklahoma to central California. The nausea, the swelling, the high blood pressure, the everything...it all started on the way there in May and never looked back until October, when Rogit made his appearance a month early. My doctor gave me a good cussing and put me on bedrest pretty early on, so I was left with few choices to pass the long days while The Canadian was at work. I needed conversation, I needed interaction with people, but I needed it from my couch where I sat on my butt all day. (I'm convinced this is when said butt started to spread out of control, but that's another story). So I found all of those things, with the animated creatures in Anyaville, situated in a quaint little meadow somewhere inside my Nintendo Gamecube.


I spent many MANY hours with this game. We played until our town was as big as it could get, we had upgraded our house and the local store, we caught all the bugs, we caught all the fish, we stocked the museum, we had some serious fun. Then Rogit came along and required our undivided attention, as babies tend to do, and the wee folk in Anyaville were neglected, some even moved away as the weeds began taking over the town. When we finally hit our parenting groove we started playing again, but we had done pretty much all we could do with it. Then the rumors began swirling...could it be? Animal Crossing 2??


Yes! But only in Japan.


We were crushed. It went into the box and never saw the light of day again.


Fast forward to 2007. One day Rogit spots the Animal Crossing case in the game cabinet, asks to play, and it starts all over again. Now he's just as in love with Anyaville as The Canadian and I. It's so much fun to watch him play, but The Canadian and I, as 30 as we are, still wish for a new game.


It only took 6 years. But would ya take a look at this!


We're so excited it's embarassing! We've waited this long, so November 16th seems right around the corner. Don't disturb this family over Thanksgiving break. We'll be sending our kids to Memaw and Poppa's house so we can get our game on.


Er...we'll be having family game week! Yeah.

I am so ashamed.

No comments: